2. Install openvpn into server
dpkg -i openvpn-as-2.0.12-Ubuntu14.amd_64.deb
3. That should install the package and will only take a few seconds to complete.After this process, you OpenVPN web-gui should be accessible from:
Admin UI: https://your-server-ip-address:943/admin
Client UI: https://your-server-ip-address:943
4. When installed, an administrative user-account is created and that you should enter a new password for it. The administrative user-name is openvpn, this is the user-name that you should use when logging in to the OpenVPN Web-GUI. So let’s create a new password for it and type the following command then press ENTER key;
You’ll be asked to enter your new UNIX password.
5. Create a local user-account for your VPN user account. This account will be used for the web-ui login.
To create a new user-account, type the following and press Enter key:
Then enter a password for it and leave blank other info and then type Y for correct information.
6. Login as openvpn user with the password you previously created from step 5. The admin login URL is https://your-server-ip-address/admin. Make sure to use httpswhen accessing the web page.
From the main navigation menu on the left side of the page, click on User Permission under User Management menu. Create a new VPN user by supplying the user-name you previously created from step 6. Enter the user-name in the New User text field. You may select Allow Auto Login by ticking the checkbox, to allow users to connect to the VPN server without providing their user-name and user-password. Click Save Settings to finish the process.
7. Connecting from a client machine or device.
S how to connect to the VPN server, the answer is like this; first login as a client to the OpenVPN web-ui and download the applicable user connection profile, then install it like any other software.
If you want to connect from a Windows-based machine, login using your VPN client account, then choose and download OpenVPN Connect for Windows. Depending on the current version of the client software, you should download a file similar to this one; openvpn-connect-184.108.40.206.msi.